Sunday, February 14, 2010

V-Day

I really hate this holiday - you're screwed no matter what your situation is. If you're single, you're made to feel like a loser since you have no one to spend the day with. If you're in a relationship you're made to feel obligated to do something romantic and spend money on things that will either die or be eaten.

I'm thankful Amy thinks that V-Day is as much of a bullshit holiday as I do. I bought flowers for her once when we were first dating and I was told not to do it again as they die and are too expensive. We have our own V-Day tradition - we go out for a pancake dinner. Amy would eat pancakes for every meal if she could. We've done this for the last five years or so - its fun, informal and you don't have to make reservations.

Basically you should be a good partner to your SO every day of the year, not just on the 14th. And after being single for nearly a decade, and being in an relationship for almost six, I don't treat V-Day any different. It's DUMB.

Happy Hallmarks!

No comments:

Post a Comment