Sunday, February 7, 2010

An interesting and bloody trip to St Louis: the short version

This is a short post, as I am writing this from a Panera (or is it St Louis Bread Co) in Springfield on the way back from the weekend trip to St Louis.

The trip started out fine, but went downhill rather quickly. Friday was a driving day - weather was crappy (snow, sleet and fog) but we left early enough so the roads weren't too bad. We spent the evening in the hotel - mostly watching the feed of the Hawks game, which made me disgruntled for the rest of the night.

Saturday started out good. Waffle House for breakfast, spent the morning and afternoon driving around looking at an assortment of things, taking pictures. Mid afternoon, met the SCH folks at a bar - had a few drinks (does it really only take me three drinks to get me tipsy these days? I am SO OLD.), spent most of the time being socially awkward in the corner. Went to the game, enjoyed two periods of hockey with the Hawks up 2-0 on the Blues. Then, I got up to use the washroom before the third period, proceeded to bash my shin on one of the seats. I thought I had just bruised it, but noticed the blood on my shoe in the washroom. Um yeah, I ended up in the ER, and 4 hours and 5 stitches later, I came to the conclusion I probably just shouldn't leave the house anymore due to my utter clumsiness.

So that definitely took the fun out of the weekend. Poor Amy now has to drive the whole way home, as of course I fucked up my driving foot. It doesn't hurt too bad, but it's gross, and I don't handle blood well, so the healing process should be enjoyable.

I'll put a proper summary up later, including pictures (although not of my leg, unless someone really wants to see it). I plan on just watching the BIG GAME(tm) when I get home and not doing much but feeling sorry for myself until I have to go to work in the morning.

But hey, I didn't bleed on my Toews jersey!

No comments:

Post a Comment