Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Game 55: Blues 3, Blackhawks 2 - Mel wonders if those red jerseys meant anything

I jokingly asked my brother today if he needed a map to remember how to get to the UC. Home Sweet Home!

Eh, not so much.

Things really started out promisingly. The Hawks were all over the place in the first, capped off by a beautiful Kaner goal. But when they missed several odd man rushes and breakaways, and the score was only 1-0 to start the second, I had a bad feeling. I hate when I'm right. The Hawks completely shit the bed in the second, giving three away (I knew I jinxed it when I said the second was their best period a few posts ago) and that was really all she wrote. A Hossa shortie set up by a glorious Toews deke and pass made it interesting, but Mason was just good enough to win it, and the Hawks D stunk it up badly enough to lose it. DO NOT WANT.

- Dunc did not perform well on his bobblehead night, despite the assist. He and Seabrook look off lately - at this point I wish they were staying home during the Olympic break. I worry about them being worn out come playoffs.
- Welcome back Davey Bolland. Sorry about being on a line with worthless Kopecky and bonehead Eager. At least Coach Q resurrected the Hossa-Bolland-Sharp line towards the end of the game in an attempt for offense.
-Speaking of Kopecky, why is he playing? Anyone who neglects to even attempt a shot on a breakaway and instead skates around the net like the ice capades were still in town deserves to be parking it in the 400 level. Put Fraser or Hendry at wing until Burish is back. Hossa's baggage handler plain sucks.
- The Hawks haven't looked good since the start of the road trip. I guess if you're going to go into a funk, better now than April. With the break coming up, I hope that can refresh them. If not, I worry.

On a related note, I finally got the Winter Classic sweatshirt I ordered off eBay. I would have gotten it last week if not for the total crapiness of the USPS. Chicago mail delivery is worst in the country for a reason.

I should really have gone to bed already. I have a lot to do tomorrow night in prep for the trip down to St Louis on Friday. Since I work off of I-55, we'll be leaving from there around lunchtime. I can't wait - hopefully the Hawks will return the favor and win there. If not, I'd better be too drunk to care.

No comments:

Post a Comment