Thursday, February 18, 2010

I gots Tickets!

No not parking tickets *knock on wood*

I finally remembered to buy tickets for the Icehogs game in Rockford on the 27th. That's "Taco Bell Blackhawks Night" and several players will be there for signings and other festivities. I haven't been to an AHL game in several years, and I'll be looking forward to see the future of the team. If memory serves, I actually have been to the Metrocentre before for my cousin's high school graduation, and the arena isn't very big. I was hoping my brother might be able to come with us, but he has other commitments so it will be just myself & Amy. We'll be tasked with getting his Versteeg jersey signed for him. I have to get some pucks for the guys to sign for me, so if anyone in the Chicago area knows of a place to get cheap Hawks pucks, let me know.

Speaking of the Hawks, my brother got notice of playoff ticket prices for season ticket holders. It'll be about $2,400 for two 300 level seats for the 16 games (they have to pay for all of the games up front and get refunded for any games they don't play). That Is Ridiculous - Dollar Bill must be cheering from the grave. I was planning on saving my tax return for tickets, but it looks like I may have to sell a kidney and perform a sacrifice as an offering to get more than one game. I guess it's a good problem to have. Last year we had very little problem scoring 300 level seats for the three playoff games we went to when we bought them the day they went on sale. I worry that won't be the case this year. My brother thinks he may be able to get up to six additional tickets for the playoffs, so maybe I can score a couple that way.

Lastly, as is tradition in mid-February, individual game tickets for the Cubs go on sale tomorrow. Amy and I have bought tickets for four games the last several years. We usually get tickets to two weekend games because Amy's parents will come in from Iowa for the game. This year, I am mighty peeved at the organization for this presale bullshit they've instituted. Basically if you were willing to pay a 20% premium, you could buy tickets for games this week. Apparently all of the good games (Sox, Cardinals) are pretty much gone before the general public gets a chance. Throw in this whole Platnum-Gold-Silver-Bronze ticket pricing (and there are only four Bronze games the whole damn season), and I'm tempted to tell the team to stick it. I think one of the four games we're going to go up to Milwaukee and see the Cubs play instead, which would leave three games at Wrigley. I am not getting bleacher tickets this year because it has the highest ratio of douchbaggery in the park, and it's always 184 degrees and I get sunburned no matter how much sunscreen I put on (last year it was my ears - ow ow ow). I figure if the Cubs do as shitty as I think they will this season, we'll be able to go to games on the cheap late in the season anyway.

God, I'm going to have to get a second job to support my sporting event attendance.

P.S. How about that Canada/Switzerland game? I was beginning to think they'd have to send in troops to hide all of the sharp objects in Canada in the interest of safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment