Saturday, January 30, 2010

Game 55: 'Canes 4, Hawks 2: Mel thinks this is all Admiral Ackbar's fault


I honestly don't have much to say about this game because a) I didn't see all of it b) it sucked and c) I'm tired.

I missed the entire first period while at dinner with Amy's parents, and had to catch the rest of the game watching the Hurricane's feed on the laptop at the hotel. The Canes' announcers aren't the worst I've heard, but I'd forgotten how annoying it can be hearing the opponent's play by play guy ecstatic that you lost. But hey, at least it wasn't Pierre McGuire!

So another game where the Hawks outshoot their opponent a billion to one (seemingly) and the end score wasn't even that close. Props to Cam Ward for basically winning this game for his team. And hey, I quite like the Hurricanes' third jersey. And let's just say that 6-4 advantage to end the game was so horrible it made Baby Jesus cry.

Can someone please tell the Huet bashers and the "our goalies suck" folks that every time they complain, a cute little kitten dies. Please, shut up already - I don't want to hear it anymore.

So, warm up the limo boys. It's time to come home.

I, on the other hand will be going to bed soon. I still haven't recovered from staying up to watch the Sharks game - dammit, I really am getting old. We're going to a huge antique mall tomorrow before coming home, and I'll be sure to post any finds here in addition to the couple of cool books I got at a used bookstore in Madison.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you on Pierre McGuire. He makes my skin crawl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I third that, Pierre is creepy beyond words.

    ReplyDelete