Sunday, January 24, 2010

Game 52: Cannuckleheads 5, Blackhawks 1 - Mel is thankful for the alcohol.

Well that sucked.

Losing is always unpleasant, but losing to a team that is despised is oh so much more painful. The Cannucks haven't reached the level of Red Wings hate, but I'd say they're probably tied for second with the Blues in my book.

I guess you can't fault the Hawks for trying. 99 out of a 100 times if you get 40+ shots on goal as the they did you will be on the winning side. It just burns more that Luongo was on top of his game tonight. Go ahead Bobby Lou, bask in the glory tonight. We'll make you cry again in the playoffs.

Tonight's game also did nothing to quell the goalie "controversy." You can't totally blame Niemi for the first period as the defense shit themselves in front of him. But you have to start making some of those saves. It makes me nervous come playoff time because if we face a team whose goalie is on fire, I am not confident that we can match that. But it's a long way off...I'm not putting on the tin foil hat...yet.

I don't have much more insightful comments as I ended up watching the game with some of the folks from Second City Hockey. As I am somewhat socially inept in a large crowd I didn't mingle too much but I did enjoy speaking to the people that I did. I guess watching the game with a group of like minded fans made the evening a little easier to deal with. Had I been at home it's most likely various objects would have been thrown in the general direction of the TV.

On a personal note, this game was the perfect ending to what has been an incredibly difficult day for myself and my family. But I'll get into that tomorrow perhaps after a good night's sleep and some more introspection.

No comments:

Post a Comment