Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Exciting News!

This was the subject of an email Amy sent me at work last week. A thousand thoughts ran through my head in the time it took me to open the email. "We won the lottery." "Amy got a great new job." "The government will mandate afternoon siestas in all workplaces." "There will be new Star Wars movies neither written or directed by George Lucas." "Daley has decided not to run for re-election."

Nope.

"McRib is back!"

Ok, so I must make a confession - I do love McRibs in all of its limited time only goodness. Trust me when I say I don't often eat fast food, which is remarkable considering I live across the street from a McDonalds and can smell their fries walking to and from my car. I haven't eaten red meat in over six years - this in spite of the fact my mother can't understand why I can't have one meatball with dinner. Bless her heart she tries - she actually made a corner of her lasagna on Christmas sans meat just for me. Amy is a vegetarian so we don't eat meat at home. Really the only time I eat meat is when I go out for dinner, and it's usually just a back up plan in case they don't have anything vegetarian I want (you can only eat so many salads and portobello burgers). If I really tried I could become a full fledged vegetarian without much fuss (never a vegan though - I covet cheese way too much).

But I love McRibs. I rationalize they only come once a year or so, and honestly how much of that oddly shaped patty is really pork? I'd venture a guess at least half of it is soy or TVP. But I never understood why they put pickles on it. Yuck.

Now, when do they start selling Shamrock Shakes?!

No comments:

Post a Comment