Thursday, January 28, 2010

Attention Neighbors:

In case you haven't noticed, Monday is the first of February. This is the second month of the year. So why the hell are your Christmas lights still lit night after night?

I get it. The holidays are a wonderful time. I put up a tree every year and lights on my front windows (most of which are still boxed up in my living room because I've been too lazy to put them in the basement). But if you're buying those horrible chalky Valentines hearts at the store, it's time to turn them off already!

I understand it's cold and perhaps you don't feel much like taking the lights down at this time. But for God's sake don't turn them on. Hell, some people leave them up all year for convenience - I think it's a tad tacky to have icicle lights hanging off your awning whilst BBQing for the 4th of July though. And there is no excuse to still have your damn tree up. For the love of Jebus I hope it's not real, or I expect to be awaken at 3am by the CFD at some point in the near future.

So, please dear neighbors. Santa is gone. Jesus is born. Put the damn decorations away, and get ready for Easter already.

We now return to your regularly scheduled stupidness.

No comments:

Post a Comment