Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Game 82: Stinky Octopi 3, Hawks 2 (OT) - Mel is ready for the fun to begin

Well that was fun wasn't it? On one hand, the regular season seemed to drag out forEVER - on the other hand it seems like yesterday we were debating whether Niemi or Crawford would be our #2. Yeesh. Onto the task at hand...

I won't lie and say I'm not disappointed the Hawks couldn't grasp the #1 seed in the West. I also can't really be angry at the Coyotes for not beating the Sharks Saturday night - they honestly had nothing to play for and still took the Sharks to the shootout. Besides, I'm a full supporter of THROW THE SNAKE and hope the fans decide to give a big middle finger to the NHL and proceed to litter the ice. AnyWAY, back to the game. The Hawks probably should have won this one. The Hawks took a 1-0 lead into the second on a POWER PLAY GOAL (that's two games in a row - I'm confused. Are they *supposed* to score on the power play?). Scum tied it in the second and that's how we entered the third. Dead Wings took the lead about 7 minutes in but Frazz and his Magical Fro scored about 3 minutes later to tie. Seriously Colin, if all it took was a month of being scratched for you to score 5 goals in about a week, I applaud your motivation. Please continue. In any case, halfway through the OT Scum won it on an odd man rush goal from Brad Stuart. Fuck Scum. Damn you for ruining Edzo Heritage Night! I can't believe we were only a single point from the #1 seed. To think of all of those games in the last couple of months (Minnesota in January, Philly and Washington in March, I'm thinking of you) that the points were there for the taking and we pissed it away. Oh well, not much to do about it now. If the Sharks can do their usual swan dive it doesn't matter anyway. I did discover that being a little more than tipsy during a loss to your hated rival makes the pain a lot less. Unfortunately I forget that I'm not 25 anymore and had to take a nap, two Alleve and vegged in the comfy chair all evening to prevent ralphing somewhere inappropriate in my apartment. Sigh.

So as we have come to the end of the road of this fine regular season, I thought I'd do a quick review of the 7.67 games I went to:

9/25/09: Hawks 4, Wild 3

This was a preseason game so I'm not sure if it really counts. In any case, the only memorable thing is Amy's constant whimpering that Marty Havlat was now wearing the uniform of an Xmas Tree. Oh and Rob Klinkhammer scored the winning goal. For those who care, he's still in Rockford.  

10/26/09: Hawks 3, Wild 1

Another game I don't have a lot memories of. Cut me a break, it was six months ago! Patrick Kane scored a sick sick goal in this game. I'm lazy so you'll have to look it up on YouTube.



12/16/09: Hawks 3, Blues 0

Finally a game I took pictures at so I can remember. Yeah, this photo kinda says it all. 62 PIM including 3 Game Misconducts. So Enjoyable! Brian Campbell scored and Cristobal Huet notched a shutout. Ah, memories.




1/14/10: Hawks 3, Blue Jackets 0

As you can see, Tommy Hawk NOM NOMed on my head. This did not please me as I am afraid of birds and he nearly knocked my glasses off. In any case, another 3-0 win. As with the previous game Soupy scored and Huet got the shutout. I'm sure this wasn't the same game. This was the last game before the long dreaded Ice Capades roadtrip - not to be confused with the Circus roadtrip in November.




2/6/10: Hawks 2, Blues 1 (@ St. Louis)

The scar in the above picture will forever remind me of this game. Too bad I only saw .67 of it.


3/3/10: Hawks 5, Oilers 2

This was the first home game after the looooong Olympic break, thus the ceremony pictured above. I put Hossa up there since he and Kop didn't come home with anything. The Hawks not surprisingly spanked the Oil, although it wasn't nearly as much of a blowout as the score indicates. I also went by myself and sat in the back row and was constantly annoyed by the SRO crowd.



3/5/10: Hawks 6, Canucks 3

I'm proud to say I went to probably one of the only good games the Hawks played this month. And Luongo got pulled in the first. And Ladd beat Kesler like the bitch he is. Good times.



3/25/10: BJs 8, Hawks 3 (@ Columbus)

We shall never speak of this game again.

It's a shame that the Columbus debacle might be the last game I see this year unless I score some playoff tickets (anyone want a kidney in exchange?). Perhaps I'll just go to some AHL playoff games instead. Then again, the Icehogs got shutout 4-0 against Milwaukee at the game I went to a couple weeks back. Maybe I should just watch everything on TV.

Note: This post took 90 minutes to write/upload due to RCN cable being a huge POS. I swear our cable/internet goes out at least once every 9 months. And they're trying to tell us there must be something wrong with the cable box *and* modem. FUCK YOU. It's the goddamn cheap ass wiring again and if I wasn't afraid of heights I'd fucking fix it myself. They're coming Thursday for a service call, and if they don't fix it (last time three different "technicians" had to come out) or try to charge me some $50 wiring fee (WTF) I'm canceling and going back to Comcast. I fucking hate Comcast. Fuuuuuuuuuuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment