Sunday, May 2, 2010

Western Conference Semifinals Game One: Canucks 5, Hawks 1 - Mel gags

Well that was *awful*

Hold on, let me get my thesaurus:
Main Entry: awful
Part of Speech: adjective
Definition: very bad; terrible

Synonyms:

abominable, alarming, appalling, atrocious, deplorable, depressing, dire, disgusting, distressing, dreadful, fearful, frightful, ghastly, grody, gross*, gruesome, grungy, harrowing, hideous, horrendous, horrible, horrific, horrifying, nasty, offensive, raunchy, repulsive, shocking, stinking, synthetic, tough, ugly, unpleasant, unsightly


I'll be completely honest - after the second period I watched this instead:



A pretty good movie - a little disappointed in it as the trailer is so good. I think they let the cat out of the bag regarding the "twist" in the movie a little early. Sam Rockwell is really good in it, so if you're a sci-fi geek like me, it's worth a watch.

Oh yeah, back to hockey.

I cannot with good conscience name one good Hawks player in this game. Everyone sucked. The goaltending, the D, the forwards, the coaching, the beer vendors and the zamboni driver. Terrible. You'd think Game One, at home with a jacked up crowd in a rematch of one of the most exciting playoff series last year, versus a team you've grown to hate, would have brought the guys out hungry. They seemed to have some life in them the first ten minutes, but when they realized Lu wasn't going to cry and fold up like a cheap ass tent bought at Wal-Mart, they just gave up. Inexcusable. For all the non stop talk the last week about the how we're in Luongo's head and he's never been a playoff goalie, for all the Buff/Kane talk, the exulting of our superior defense and how this game was going to be so physical, I saw none of it last night.

I'm just glad I didn't shell out any big money for this game. My brother sold his pair of season tickets for $360 (they face at $65 apiece). He's laughing all the way to the bank.

There's going to be some decisions that have to be made before Game Two. 1) Niemi or Huet? I think Niemi was pulled to save what dignity the man had left. Not all the goals were his fault, but he's looked way too jumpy and nervous since his shutout in Game Four last series. WTF? I hate to say I told you so, but remember I was saying Huet should have had a start sometime in April? He hadn't played before last night since that trip we made to Columbus. Oy. 2) To raise the physical play we need, do you put Eager, Burish and/or Fraser back in on Monday? Who do you sit - Bickell, Brouwer, Bolland? I don't think it's a bad thing that one or maybe two guys are back in, but do we need all three? 3) Do you move Buff back to D? For all the hype about him (seriously - did the guys on Versus watch him all year? They obviously don't realize he sucked for about 78 of the 82 games), he was invisible. Hendry was terrible, so do you move him to replace him?

After a loss like this, I expect Coach Q to inflict Line Armageddon. Mommy, I'm scared!

Let's hope this is a big kick in the ass, and the Hawks come out like men possessed in Game Two. Shit, Monday's going to be a really long day at work *sigh*

1 comment:

  1. Personally I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out the Versus analysts haven't watched a single hockey game start-to-finish all year.

    P.S. Oh crap. I've been misspelling "grody" all this time!

    ReplyDelete