Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Western Conference Semifinals Game Two: Hawks 4, Nucks 2 - Mel would like a CVS Gift Card

Seriously guys. I'm already on anti-depressants. This year's playoffs is totally making me bi-polar. Drugs are expensive, stop it!

Case in point: Kris Versteeg. It's a well known fact the boy will not dump the puck in the zone. He thinks he's Kaner, but no - he's not. Between that, a dumb penalty, and two breakaways that he really should scored on at least *one* of them, I was conspiring to find my brother's #32 jersey and burn it in effigy. Then with 90 seconds left in a tie game, he pots one past Lu (resulting in Bobby doing a face plant afterward - delicious). I swear, I wanted to kiss and smack him at the same time.

So a "must win" game in the NHL playoffs really are only reserved for Game Sevens and elimination games. But I think last night was pretty close to a must win for the Hawks. Going into Vancouver down 2-0 would be a steep hill to climb. Not an impossible task, but the mental challenge alone would be pretty daunting. After the Nucks put 2 in the first five minutes of this game, I was getting close to Netflix territory again. Honestly, how can you come out so flat right off the bat in your own building? If not for Nemo and some missed shots by the Nucks, it could have easily been a 3 or 4 goal lead after a couple of dumb bench penalties. I don't know what exactly triggered it (and I don't care at this point), but the Hawks finally realized they weren't playing NHL10 on their PS3's and pretty much dictated the play the rest of the game. Luongo was the only reason the Hawks didn't take the lead in the second, and Sharpie tied it with a shortie midway through the third, followed by Versteeg with the aforementioned winner, and the deal was sealed by an empty net by Kane.

Um, I had more coherent thoughts, but I'm tired (I was supposed to go to bed right after *that*? No.) and my stomach hurts. Perhaps I'll throw another post up here before the game since it is SO DAMN LATE (productivity at work right out the window), but perhaps not. Regardless, it should be a fun game tomorrow.

Oh, one more thing:

LOLOLOLOLOLOL AT RED WINGS!

No comments:

Post a Comment