Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A Week On: A Collection of Not-So Memorable Yet Hilarious Hawks Images

So, it's been exactly a week since the Blackhawks hoisted their first Stanley Cup in 49 years. The first several days seemed to be an unrelenting party going on in my head and everything seemed so shiny and happy. Unfortunately, going back to work on Monday really took the buzz off of it - Being understaffed and stressed out ruins everything! Still, the idea of being the reigning Stanley Cup Champions has not gotten old and certainly has gotten this summer off to a tremendously tremendous start. 

Since last Wednesday, I have collected an assortment of images off the internets which I either found funny or a big helping of FAIL. This will be an image heavy post so those on "smart" phones or on 28.8 modems may not want to click on the jump. But I promise you it will be fun!



Caption FAIL:

You'd think it being the Stanley Cup Finals and all, and that a team just won, the AP and caption writers could take a moment to get the players' names right. I mean for fuck's sake, get a game program!


Um, that's Tomas Kopecky. Damn, those Europeans all look alike!


Not only did Hossa finally win the Cup, when he drank out of it, he got 10 years younger!


OK, *maybe* I'll let this one pass since you can't see his face. But c'mon, how can you miss Kaner's mullet? And what is with Kop's face? Eek.

This one is my favorite...


How can you mistake the man who scored the Cup clinching goal with a guy who's been dead since March? Isn't the mouthpiece a dead giveaway? Who is looking at these pictures?


T-Shirt FAIL:

I was looking for some excellently horrible bootleg Hawks merchandise to put on here but didn't find much. I did see some winners at the rally but didn't think to take pictures. In the meantime, enjoy this apparel, from NHL.com no less:

Did the artist not realize hockey players have been in arenas since October and are whiter than the ice they play on? That is one fucking creepy mustache on Nemo. All of the stars and fireworks are a little...odd. And who knew Toews has such an incredibly massive forehead?

Random Images:



It looks like Nemo's going to burp Kane with his hockey stick. Which considering that Kaner probably hasn't stopped drinking since this photo was snapped, might not be a bad idea.


Versteeg's got...JAZZ HANDS!


OMG Nemo you are so adorable I could go straight for you. Just don't tell your wife and I won't tell Amy.


Keith looks evil in this shot. Watch out Seabs, Dunc's gonna eat your finger!


Uh...figures this would be a shot of Burish.


These skin tone undergarments look ridiculous. Ahhh...is that Pierre McGuire behind Fraz? GET OUT OF MY PICTURE!


Something about this picture makes me a bit misty eyed.


I think this picture is cute. Somewhere you know a hockey slash writer (I assume there are some?) just peed themselves when they saw this.


Either Buff needs a straw or he's not up to date on his rabies shots. And Bud Light in the Stanley Cup? Really?


At first I thought Buff may be color blind, but those are actually Kermit the Frog shoes. Awesome!

I'll probably have a couple of more hockey posts through the weekend to wrap the season up. After that, I have a few ideas. But trust me, they probably won't be as exciting.

1 comment:

  1. That t-shirt is...scary.

    I hate when news organizations don't double check their work. So frustrating.

    ReplyDelete