Thursday, March 25, 2010

Random Musings: OHIO, rain and that hockey thing

I'm sitting in our hotel room in Columbus as it's raining outside (the annoying steady kind - ugh) so the plans of running around town for pictures is kinda out the window. It's supposed to be sunny tomorrow, so I'll probably attempt to get up at a reasonable time in the morning to do an abbreviated tour before leaving town. So out of boredom, a few random thoughts:

- I never did a recap of Game 72. Oh well, I've been busy. The Hawks won 2-0 to gain sole possession of the Western Conference lead. Niemi earned his shutout, unlike most Hawks shutouts where whomever is in net faces less than 20 shots. Not a perfect game by any means, but probably the most satisfying win in awhile. It looks like the Coyotes and Sharks are going to play turnstile to see whomever wins the Pacific. That's fine - let them worry about each other. Not to jinx, but at this point the conference is ours to lose.
- Huet's in net tonight versus the Blue Jackets. An interesting choice by Q. Perhaps it will help his confidence to play on the road without the mouthbreathers booing him. Note: I will not boo him unless he lets in a softie like he did versus the Stars - it was really bad. If my maths are correct, with a regulation win not only will we clinch a playoff spot, we also knock the Blue Jackets out of a spot. So a possibility of witnessing some joyful schadenfreude in person. Don't worry, I'll take plenty of pictures at the game and post em later.
- Saw and took pictures of some very cool things on the drive out here. I'd show them to you, but my dumb ass left the USB cord at home. DOH! Anyway, we saw a really neat art deco theatre that is still showing movies in Indiana, some cool neon (including an awesome rusty chicken) and an abandoned movie theatre in Springfield, OH. Actually Springfield is one of the most depressing towns I've ever been in. You can tell it's one of those towns that has been decimated by the economy - lots of boarded up and abandoned buildings, people milling about aimlessly. If I would have had more time, it would have been worth a closer look-see.
- On the way home tomorrow we're going to make a slight detour to Cincinnati to stop at Jungle Jim's International Market. Amy really wants to go, and after looking here, it looks like it might be fun. Their camera policy seems a bit hazy so I'm going to have to be sneaky with the little camera.

Well, I'd best wake Amy up and get ready for the game. Go Hawks!

No comments:

Post a Comment