Thursday, September 2, 2010

RIP Rocket


Not to be a downer, but our hamster Rocket went to the big wheel in the sky sometime last night/this morning. I'll wax poetic about him and my love of hamsters in general later, but I wanted to take a second to honor his memory. We got him at a shelter last year, and he was a "senior" hamster at that point (meaning he was about a year old or so), but we adopted him anyway. This is one of my favorite pictures of him - if you look closely at him, you'll notice there's a piece of poo stuck on his head. I found this hilarious, especially when he got annoyed and resisted when we tried to get it off of him.

We were blessed to have this little old guy for over a year. Your mommies will miss you and never forget you!

[Shit I'm crying again and I'm out of Kleenex. ANYway, back to my usual stupidity shortly - I want to finish blogging the damn roadtrip by the end of the holiday weekend]

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear of Rocket's passing. You and Amy have my sincerest condolences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for the loss of Rocket. He was a cutie :(

    ReplyDelete